The truck fuel tank is generally installed on the side of the truck beam and is one of the important components of the truck. In addition to storing oil, the truck fuel tank also plays a role in cooling, separating air bubbles in the oil, and precipitating impurities. The seemingly simple fuel tank is actually equipped with coolers, heaters, liquid level gauges and other accessories.
Material of Truck Fuel Tank
Truck fuel tanks can be divided into iron, aluminum alloy, stainless steel, etc. according to the material. The fuel tanks of different materials have their own advantages and disadvantages. Comprehensive consideration should be taken when choosing a truck fuel tank.
|Iron||Simple manufacturing process|
Low material cost
Easily repaired after damage
|The corrosion resistance is poor, the surface needs to be sprayed with paint coating, and it is easy to rust after the paint coating is damaged|
|Aluminum alloy||High cleanliness|
Good corrosion resistance
|The cost is higher than that of the iron fuel tank,|
the strength is lower than that of the iron fuel tank, and the welding repair requirements are higher
|Stainless steel||High cleanliness|
Good corrosion resistance
|The manufacturing cost is higher than that of aluminum alloy fuel tank|
The manufacturing process requires higher requirements
After welding, the surface needs to be treated with anti-oxidation
How to Clean the Truck Fuel Tank?
Fuel tank cleaning is divided into two steps, first clean the outside and then clean the inside.
It is necessary to check whether there is any depression or oil leakage in the fuel tank, oil pipes, joints and other places. Remember to check that the fuel tank bracket fixing screws are tight. According to the material of the fuel tank, use a suitable cleaning agent to clean the stains on the surface of the fuel tank.
The fuel tank of the truck is large and it is inconvenient to take it off for cleaning. It is recommended to make a self-made nozzle to flush the inside of the fuel tank. We have provided you with the cleaning method of the diesel fuel tank, hoping to help you.
- First of all, drain the oil in the fuel tank, turn off the oil drain and oil supply switch, and open the fuel tank cap and other accessories. According to the volume of the fuel tank, add a certain amount of clean diesel oil into the fuel tank to clean the inside of the fuel tank.
- The second step is to connect the air pump hose with the nozzle, and use the air pressure to move the diesel in the tank to achieve the flushing effect. It should be noted that the nozzle should be close to the bottom of the fuel tank, which is easy to operate and can ensure more comprehensive cleaning.
- The third step is to completely discharge the diesel oil in the fuel tank after the first flushing, and then add a small amount of clean diesel oil for the second flushing.
- Finally, after the two flushes are completed, put the removed parts back into the empty fuel tank.
Daily Maintenance of Truck Fuel Tanks – Precautions for Refueling
- Do not overfill the oil. The practice of filling up the fuel tank is wrong, which is a very serious safety hazard. Especially in hot summer, diesel will expand when heated, and may overflow directly from the fuel tank. It is recommended to add about 80% of the capacity of the fuel tank when refueling, so there is no need to worry about not enough, and it will not damage the fuel tank and engine.
- When the fuel in the tank of the truck is about a quarter, it is time to refuel the truck. Don’t keep the fuel level low all the time, refueling when it is almost out of fuel, it may cause the truck’s fuel supply to be unsmooth, and affect the service life of the fuel tank and the fuel pump.
- Always pay attention to the light on the fuel gauge. When the red light is on, it means that there is not much fuel left in the fuel tank, so refuel the truck as soon as possible.
The above is the collation of some frequently asked questions about truck fuel tanks. Truck fuel tanks are structures that are easily overlooked. During the daily use of the truck, take good care of the fuel tank. Regularly check and clean the fuel tank. Develop good driving habits, these will make your truck more durable.